4/15/2010

Sleepless Nights.

I need a hobby I decided.
I don't really have one.
What makes a hobby a hobby anyway?
I mean my mom sews, my sister takes photos, but I don't do anything.
My mom likes to call me the rental child.
I've tried skiing, dance, guitar, piano, and who knows what else.
She calls me that because I'd stick with that hobby for a little while and then I'd want to try something else.
Or decide I didn't like it.
I have yet to find that something that I just absolutely love doing and am good at.
I can't wait for that day when I finally do.
Although I like to think of socializing as a hobby. I'm not really sure if it is or not.
My mom used to call me her social butterfly, I take it as a compliment more than anything.
I think the only reason I survived high school was because of the social life.
I've found that I'm not that much of a social lite in college.
I can't really figure out why that's changed. I've seemed to mellow out I think.
Who knows if it's good or bad.
I've done a lot of growing up and sadly growing apart this year.
None of which do I regret.

Any way, I need a hobby to keep me busy.
Currently hobby-hunting.

2 comments:

  1. Alexis,
    I totally know how you feel!
    I always felt like I didn't really have any talents, other than socializing, haha
    but this summer I started volunteering at a center for abused and neglected kids and I was SHOCKED to realize where I held my best talents. Sometimes talents come in the most unlikely places...
    anyway, I love kids and I love teaching them new things, and I feel like I learn so much from them and have become so patient through dealing with them, haha

    I'm not saying you should try volunteering (although that could be awesome!), but I'm saying that your talents will show up where you least expect them! Keep trying EVERYTHING, there's nothing wrong with that.

    Love,
    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is an organized "artist" within! You have a flair for the organization and creativity of things! I suggest an art history class or interior design, look at the bedroom wall in your apartment! Courtney would suggest a cooking class, however, then you would just be her chef!

    ReplyDelete